Thames Pilots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thames Pilots

Discussion on Pilotage & Assosiated Topics

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Privacy / Security

Go down 
2 posters

Security & Privacy - Tick boxes you agree with only.
Restrict entire forum to Pilots Only?
Privacy / Security Vote_lcap26%Privacy / Security Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Keep open to all?
Privacy / Security Vote_lcap16%Privacy / Security Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Have a restricted pilots only area?
Privacy / Security Vote_lcap11%Privacy / Security Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Allow "aliases"?
Privacy / Security Vote_lcap11%Privacy / Security Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Do not allow "aliases"?
Privacy / Security Vote_lcap36%Privacy / Security Vote_rcap
 36% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mark S
Admin
Mark S

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Privacy / Security Empty
PostSubject: Privacy / Security   Privacy / Security Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22 2008, 11:06

I have had several members contacting me regarding the privacy aspect of the forum.

To clarify the situation, at present the forum can be read by anyone who types the address into their web browser. They can't reply to or post new messages. In order to post messages you have to be registered, any one can register providing they give a working e-mail address, they are automatically accepted.

Apparently some members are worried about "management" reading the posts I had thought about this before I set it up, but decided to have it as an open forum to start with, in order to encourage people to post. If management wish to read it or even post then at this point I have no problem with it, as it is only a discussion, and they should be aware of our worries over the project (they will find out soon enough when the LPC survey is completed)

Some members have "concealed" their on line identity by using an alias, which also worries some who don't know who they are. At this time there are only two registered users (who have not posted) who I do not know from there e-mail addresses, the rest are all pilots.

Originally I thought that there may be a time in the future when we do not want "them" to be privy to our thoughts, and then I could create a member only area for registered users, whom I can vet before admitting (At least I think I can!)
However as this seems to be an issue to some already I will hold a poll to see what the opinion of the majority is (if it works!)

Mark
Back to top Go down
https://pilots.forumotion.co.uk
pilot

pilot

Number of posts : 46

Privacy / Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Privacy / Security   Privacy / Security Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22 2008, 12:11

it is quite normal for forum users to use an alias to "conceal" their identitiy from others

most of their colleagues will figure out whos who anyway

it is supposed to encourage freedom of speech snd thought not impede it

remember if you visit the forum ( registered user or not ) and see a guest there b4 you log on then you are that guest is you - check it out

please use the forum to let the world know how you feel about this whole process - it is the first time in almost 20 years we have got this close to changing how we do things
Back to top Go down
Mark S
Admin
Mark S

Number of posts : 26

Privacy / Security Empty
PostSubject: Poll Closed   Privacy / Security Icon_minitimeWed May 07 2008, 05:12

As a result of the poll above, and the fact that the OP process is moving to a different stage now, I have (I think) restricted access to all topics under the Optimising Pilotage Forum to members only. This means that you will have to log in to read the posts in future.

I will shortly go through the list of members to check that all are in fact pilots, any members I cant identify, I will ask them to tell me who they are or I will ban them (Such power!)

Mark
Back to top Go down
https://pilots.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

Privacy / Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Privacy / Security   Privacy / Security Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Privacy / Security
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thames Pilots :: Welcome :: Security / Privacy-
Jump to: